My Entrepreneurship Story

I have been a gymnast nearly my entire life.  Now on the UF gymnastics team, it took a ton of hard work to get here, including countless hours in the gym.  From about 4th grade through 12th grade, my week involved eating, sleeping, going to school, and spending my evenings at practice.  I didn't have much free time, and my schedule certainly did not allow for a job.



However, I have always had a drive to help people, and, of course, make some money.  I love staying busy and taking on ambitious new projects, and I guess that's where my entrepreneurship journey begins.  From cutting my teammates floor music to selling artwork to making fudge to sell around the holidays, I begin several ventures throughout high school.  They were always motivated by creating value and profit, but they were grounded in pursuing my passions and making people happy.

Soon before coming to college, I decided to share my love of cooking and baking by creating a food blog, Zest and Finesse, with my sister.  My initial goal was to inspire others to create new things in the kitchen, and I have enjoyed creating content ever since.  Around class scheduling time, the concept of turning my blog into something bigger intrigued me, and that was just one motivation for taking this class. 



On top of that, I have always pictured myself as someone who would be enjoy starting my own business.  I'd be the automatic boss, and I would have freedom to push the company in any direction I feel fits.  I figured this class would help me decide if entrepreneurship is a possible direction in my future career.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the semester, and I hope to learn a lot about entrepreneurship in this course!

Comments

  1. Hi Leah, I am extremely impressed with your entrepreneurship story! I used to do gymnastics as well so I totally understand how time consuming and intense it is. Having a food blog is awesome and I will definitely check it out because I could fir sure use some cooking inspiration. I think we both are alike in our mindset of entrepreneurship and learning in this class. So awesome to read your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah, I love hearing about the hard work and dedication you put in to get to where you are today on the UF gymnastics team. I recently did the same with the UF soccer team and my work payed off! Although I'm not into cooking, I really like your thinking about turning what you love into a business of some sort where you can do what you love all while making profit and that is my mindset on where I want to be in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, I found your entrepreneurship story to be so interesting. I can tell that you are a very hardworking person. I would also imagine that your experience being on the gymnastic team has taught you a lot of great time management skills. What I am really impressed with though is how passionate you are about everything you do. Going into the future, I think this will be a key characteristic about you that will help you become successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leah,
    I really enjoyed reading about your entrepreneurship story because it was so interesting. I liked hearing about how much work you put into gymnastics and how it got you to where you are today. I like how you took the same principles in being dedicated towards your cooking and baking with your blog. Overall I really enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts